There may not be a magic bullet to end the Zionist domination of the American political process, but in Chuck Hagel, we got a dud. I do not regret supporting him at the beginning, but I wish he had shown more fortitude as the process degenerated — admittedly a lot to ask, but then the position to which he was nominated cries out for someone like that, which it has not had for many years. Well, perhaps next time — if there is one — it’ll be a Marine in his place.
Tag Archives | Meir KahaneUnited States, Zionism
This election has been a personal blow to Netanyahu, but not to the right. Netanyahu misread the public mood, but not on the central issues that should define the left-right divide in Israel: the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and decades of belligerent Israeli occupation. Far from a collapse of the right, the election demonstrated that the right is continuing to push the center of political gravity ever further rightwards.
Lieberman and Netanyahu represent the worst of extremist governance. They’re hardcore racists. They’re ideologically anti-democratic. They believe Israel has a divine right to persecute, torture, commit naked aggression, and dominate the region unchallenged.
The NYT rejects Palestinian statehood. It does so by ignoring what’s existed for 24 years. Dismissiveness defines longstanding editorial policy. Palestinians have no friend in Times Square.
Get Best Deals
Deal of the Day
Because Silence is Complicity!
Palestinian in Exile!
Tweeting since 04/07/2007
- @sabbah #Palestine Times Daily news http://t.co/Gr0OUHZNty - top stories by intifada, jncatron, GazaTVNews 10 hours ago
- The Sabbah Daily is out! http://t.co/ZFRXy80mF4 ▸ Top stories today via @SanaKassem @cinarama @IbnJuferi 10 hours ago
- The Palestine Daily is out! http://t.co/rVSmmYlY1t ▸ Top stories today via @EmanAK @MadeInNablus 11 hours ago
- Check out my newsmix channel #Palestine http://t.co/rx7FSl26uU 12 hours ago
- Check out my newsmix channel @Sabbah Report http://t.co/2KfrvS6cAR 14 hours ago